Thundering over the great "broad way" between New York and Chicago, no finer train served the Pennsylvania than the "Broadway Limited." Its exclusive clientele demanded -- and received -- the very best, from equipment to impeccable service.
Flagship of a Blue Ribbon fleet of luxury streamliners, the Broadway was the ultimate blend of luxury and speed. Based on cars used between 1953 and 1968, and re-created in exacting HO Scale, Walthers seventh complete name train captures the magic of the Broadway at its very best.
The complete consist includes nine cars and matching PROTO 2000 E8 diesels, all with the finest detail you expect from Walthers, the name train experts.
As most of the cars were used on other Pennsylvania trains, modelers and collectors will be able to mix and match most of these cars as a starting point for modeling other trains from the Blue Ribbon Fleet
All HO Models Include:
* All Grab Irons Factory-Installed & Painted
* Prototypically Accurate Window Tinting
* Based on Equipment in Broadway Service 1956-68
* Authentic Paint, Lettering & Striping
* Car Name & Number Decals as Appropriate
* Superb Detail Inside & Out
* Proto MAX Metal Knuckle Couplers
* Correct Trucks with RP-25 Metal Wheels
PLEASE NOTE: As these cars are the correct prototype length and feature full underbody detail to match the prototypes, a minimum 24" radius is recommended for operation. Photos show preproduction models; some details may vary. Sketches are for illustration purposes only; some details and colors may vary